Generation Pilot Warranty Policy
- Upon inspection, if the product is determined to have no fault found (NFF) and it has been opened and is not in “new condition,” it is not returnable and repackaging services are not available.
- As Generation Pilot is not the “manufacturer” of the products we sell, we can offer no warranties for the products sold. All warranty considerations and determinations remain solely with the manufacturer of the product.
- MOST of the manufacturers we represent require all warranty claims and inquiries be handled directly between them and the purchaser of their product. Generation Pilot is not granted the authority to make warranty/replacement decisions on their behalf.
- All warranty or out of box failure should be administrated between the manufacturer and purchaser first. If required, Generation Pilot will work with the purchaser and manufacturer to help remedy the issue.
- If the manufacturer asks for Generation Pilot assistance with the warranty issue, the purchaser will pay for return shipping to Generation Pilot. Once the product is verified as defective, Generation Pilot will send the replacement with shipping paid by Generation Pilot.
- Most of our manufacturer warranty information and policies can be found on either their website, or the Generation Pilot website, as well as packaged with the products. We will be happy to help locate any warranty policy information for you that cannot be located online.
- When items are received at Generation Pilot for warranty consideration that should have been sent directly to the manufacturer, it is our policy to forward those items to the manufacturer on your behalf. We do the following:
- Ship item and your paperwork to the proper vendor.
- Send a notice to you that the item has been forwarded to the vendor.
- Give the vendor instructions to contact you directly for discussions on your item.
- We appreciate the opportunity to service all our customers. It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction that we can while supplying you with the highest quality aviation products available today.
General Return Policy
Our general return policy allows for the return of many products in new, unopened condition when returned in 14 days. However, many products we sell are not returnable. Generation Pilot makes every effort possible to inform customers at the time of purchase that an item being purchased may be a “non-returnable” item.
Reasons a product may not be acceptable for return include, but are not limited to:
- Special Order Items
- Lost or “Broken” Traceability
- Items Sold as non-Returnable
- Computer-Based Products
- Programmed Items
- Time Sensitive Items
- Outdated Items
- Used Items
- Damaged Items
- Opened Items
- Alterations to original MFG packaging (i.e. writing or other labeling on packaging)
Please do not use the MFG packaging as the return shipping carton. Place item(s) in another package to ensure the MFG packaging is not damaged in transit.
Returns received back to Generation Pilot in “less than as received condition” are subject to a 30% restock fee. If an item has been opened, please do not attempt to repackage, reseal, or tape product.
These policies are in place so that when any customer purchases an item from Generation Pilot, they can be assured they’re receiving new, unopened products—unless otherwise specified. All installation products are fully traceable and certified.
FAA Approved Aircraft Parts Return Policy
Rules for FAA-certified aircraft parts such as TSO, PMA, etc.
- Returns are only approved for items in “new” condition. Packaging must be unopened, original, and intact, containing no additional markings or broken seals.
- Returns are only approved if there were no “special terms or conditions” agreed to at the time of order prohibiting a return.
- All returns require a Form 8130 issued by returning agency to validate item is new, unused, and eligible for restocking at Generation Pilot.
- If an item is returned with a Form 8130 stating “New and Unused” BUT is not returned in “new” condition, a restocking fee of 30% will apply. These returned items will then be sold as “Yellow Tagged”, repackaged, and discounted.
- Used items cannot be returned.